Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Two Step

My Two Step
This was written in response to the Twelve Steps of AA programs.  There was a time in my life I attended various Twelve Step programs, from AA to NA to Codependents Anonymous and Survivors Anonymous.  I had listened to the stories and drew what I needed from them.  However, the relationship wasn't reciprocal because I didn't want to share.  My mistake but I was suffering from extreme shyness and on guard with my need for privacy.  I believe in one principle of the Twelve Steps, which is to make amends when warranted.  

Also, the Serenity Prayer runs through my mind from time to time and most recently, the last line to "Let Go and Let God."  Here is the prayer:  

God grant me the serenity 
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. 

Anger, stress and frustration 
riddled by misinterpretation.

Down with depression. 
Down with obsession.

All have lessons to learn, 
just give and take a turn.

Conjure the tears. 
Conquer the fears.

The spirit must unload 
the soul slowly unfolds.

Free the sad Queen of tarts. 
Free the drum beating heart.

Enter the door to knowledge 
go above and beyond college.

Listen to the streets. 
Listen to the beats.

Into a tunnel for the unblinded 
revealing worlds unsighted.

See the kindred spirits. 
See those who feel it.

Giving respite for the weary 
eyes tired and bleary.

Watch them share. 
Watch them care.

Bodies moving in slow motion 
paced by one love devotion.

Take a chance. 
Take a dance.

Love the beats and pulses 
as the heart and mind converges.

Close your lies. 
Close you eyes.

The sound can patch up fences 
so no more sitting on benches.

Breathe in the air. 
Breathe uncompared.

No comments:

Post a Comment